Monday

movie reflection

The Devil Wears Prada
Summary

In New York, the simple and naive just-graduated in journalism Andrea Sachs is hired to work as the second assistant of the powerful and sophisticated Miranda Priestly, the ruthless and merciless executive of the Runway fashion magazine. Andrea dreams to become a journalist and faces the opportunity as a temporary professional challenge. Andrea changes her attitude and behavior, affecting her private life and the relationship with her boyfriend Nate, her family and friends. In the end, Andrea learns that life is made of choices.

reflection

Despite everything against Andrea in the office, she will consider the experience as a challenge. I think it is an inspiration to me. There are times that I thought of giving up, but when I think about Andrea I would keep holding on want I am doing. Because her tasks, for example: to obtain the next unpublished Harry Potter manuscript, which was much more demanding than mine. At the end, with playing a perfect assistant of Miranda, Andrea kind of sold her soul to a devil. The naïve girl had gone. I think it happens a lot when facing people. Some always stay true to themselves, but there are many that would suppress their own feelings and thoughts in order to appeal to others. I believe there are some circumstances that being ourselves aren’t that easy, but some somehow we must find a way to balance it, so that we won’t lost ourselves forever.

No comments: